Last modified: June 28, 2018
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use the Site.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Site and, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Site.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any third party apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Site.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Those third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
- Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com or by using the contact information set forth below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Site.
3. Information You Provide to Us
When you download, access or use the Site, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, and other personally identifiable information ("personal information"). We may also ask you for information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
Other information that you may provide to us from time to time includes the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us, including when you report a problem with the Site.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
- All other information that you submit to or via the Site
4. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device (mobile, computer or otherwise) and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Site also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location Information. The Site may collect information about the location of your device.
- Behavioral Information: We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Site or delete it from your device.
- Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device or hard drive. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone or internet browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers; analytics companies; your mobile device manufacturer; your mobile service provider; and other information.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, purchases, and sales.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Analyze and improve the Site.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Site.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes or without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control, to enable or support us in providing the Services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Blue Sky's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Blue Sky about the Site and users are among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blue Sky, our customers or others.
- Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information set forth below.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. .All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
- Contact Information
Last updated: July 3, 2018
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences, as well as any log-in information, over a period, so you don’t have to keep re-entering information whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or until you delete your cookies.
There are different types of cookies, and they are usually divided into the following categories. Please note, however, that we will not use all of these types of cookies on every site you visit, and that some cookies fit into multiple categories:
Type of Cookies
|Why we use these cookies|
Absolutely Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary, and without them we cannot provide the features of Blue Sky’s website. These cookies allow you to navigate Blue Sky’s website and use our features. For example, we may use these cookies to remember preferences.
These cookies help us understand how users use Blue Sky’s website, by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on Blue Sky’s website, the number of users, how many users return to Blue Sky’s website, average duration of visit, pages viewed, and errors encountered. These cookies help us improve the performance of Blue Sky’s website. These cookies do not collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information.
These cookies allow Blue Sky’s website to remember the choices you make (such as your preferred language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalized online experience. The information that these cookies collect may include personally identifiable information that you have disclosed to us.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
These cookies are placed by third party advertising platforms and networks. They may subsequently use information about your visit to target you with information that you may be interested in, on Blue Sky’s website and other websites. For example, these cookies remember which browsers have visited Blue Sky’s website and this information is shared with other organizations.
How can you control cookies?
Website cookies can be managed in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. However, if you change your settings or do not accept cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of Blue Sky’s website. If you would like to learn more about cookies, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
How can I opt out of certain third-party services?
Facebook: We use Facebook to advertise and market our services. To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
Google Analytics: We may use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Online Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative via their website. To learn more, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/.